The quest for a healthy smile that began with your new year’s resolution is about to be truly tested for the first time. Delicious sweets and delectable eats seek to derail your quest to optimum oral health. You can still have a wonderful time during the festivities without going overboard. Practice a moderate amount of discretion, and be aware of potential oral disasters that await, and your smile can survive to shine another day.
Valentine’s Day is nearly here. Listed below are some tips for treating your mouth right during the holidays:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as chocolate or sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Waterview Dental Group at our office in Portland, Connecticut.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Tae Chul Ho, please call our office at 860-342-4141. We make smiles brighter!