Have you ever wondered if your cleaning habits were sufficient to prevent cavities from starting? The truth is, that yes, by adhering to a simple set of guidelines including brush and flossing every day, your likelihood of developing cavities with drop significantly.
The excitement of a better smile awaits with cavity prevention. The key to understanding cavity prevention includes the following:
– Make sure to floss between your teeth to remove any plaque buildup or food residue that brushing alone cannot reach.
– Stick to brushing your teeth at least twice every day.
– Use dental tools that have been recommended or approved by your dentist, or those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Limit sugary foods and drinks that can be converted into harmful acids that cause dental erosion.
– Limit the use of products that can crack your teeth, such as hard candies, or products that stick around your mouth for too long, such as sticky and gummy sweets.
– Schedule at least 2 professional cleanings with your dentist every year.
For additional help with cavities, Dr. Tae Chul Ho and our team at Waterview Dental Group are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Portland, Connecticut, please contact us at 860-342-4141 to speak with a member of our team. A better smile is your first step to a brighter, healthier lifestyle that can improve your life for many years to come.