Can you say that your brushing skills are flawless? As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing a spectacular job brushing your teeth? Although many people take extra care to brush their teeth efficiently, they fail to remember to take care of their brush as well. Here are few methods to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush:
– Stick to a toothbrush that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist for daily use.
– Elderly individuals or people who cannot easily brush their teeth and gums should look into an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
– A toothbrush is unusable if it has become contaminated, so be sure to keep your brush clean when not in use and replace it every 3-4 months.
– Never give your toothbrush to other individuals, or cross-contaminate them against other toothbrushes.
– A respectable toothbrush has soft bristles and fits easily into your mouth with a brush head that is small enough to easily fit in your mouth but large enough to reach all areas inside it.
Dr. Tae Chul Ho at Waterview Dental Group wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting a professional cleaning, please contact our dentist office in Portland, Connecticut, by calling us at 860-342-4141. Your smile is our business!